Saturday, July 15, 2006

Well, Team Wrigley is 1/2 way finished with the MBA summer internship! So far the gum factory has been a great experience for all involved! I, specifically, am working on two of kids' favorite brands: Hubba Bubba and Big League Chew bubble gum. There's really nothing as fun as sitting at your desk or in a meeting while blowing bubbles! There's no doubt that gum is a way of life at Wrigley.

As I head into the second half of my internship, I will be wrapping up three major projects and a myriad of smaller, but really fun projects. I would say more, but I'm not sure my Wrigley team would appreciate that.

Although I am not working in the world-famous Wrigley building, we are pretty fortunate to have a great lofted office space at Chicago and Larabee Ave. For those of you from Chicago, it's the Japonais building.

(Here's a picture of all of the Wrigley interns at the actual gum factory.
Yup, that's me with the "beard guard" on - even though I don't have a beard!)

Cheers,

Kurt Kober

1 Comments:

At Sat Jan 31, 03:29:00 AM CST, Blogger bling said...

I HAVE BEEN CHEWING WRIGLEY GUM SINCE I WAS A CHILD. HOWEVER, NOW THAT YOU HAVE "NEW AND IMPROVED" YOUR GUM, SPEARMINT, DOUBLEMINT, AND JUICIEFRUIT, THE FLAVORS AND TEXTURE OF THE GUM'S ARE TERRIBLE! ESPECIALLY THE JUICYFRUIT.AFTER ONE MINUTE OF CHEWING, IT'S TURNS INTO A YELLOW BALL OF WAX. WHY DID YOU ADD COLOR, WE DON'T NEED MORE CHEMICALS! I HAVE STOPPED CHEWING YOUR GUM'S. I DON'T KNOW WHY YOU CHANGED A FORMULA THAT HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL FOR YEARS..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home