Monday, August 31, 2009

And scene on the summer....

Hard to believe a year ago I was starting my first year of b-school. Today is the last day of summer as 2nd year reorientation and MBAs with a Heart are tomorrow and classes start Wednesday (well I only have the GBA meeting as my Wed. class was cancelled). It has only been a year, which took about six weeks, but feels like I have been here for four. Tough to explain how much different I feel after only one year. I remember talking to a 2nd year during week one last year and he said that the amount of stuff you know after year one is amazing. At the time I couldn't imagine that only one year of school would really do that much, but I stand corrected.

I spent the summer at SC Johnson based in Racine, but lived in Milwaukee. The internship was good, stressful, but good. 12 weeks flew by, but it was a great experience. I made some great friends and got a taste of what brand management really was. The only downside of an internship is that there is no summer, but I guess that is what happens in the real world. It is funny to think that I didn't have "summer" for the six years prior to school, but just assumed since I was back in school I would have it.

Soon enough you will have a new blogger for the year who will bring a different perspective on the life of a CBPMer. Just know that everybody has a different experience, but they are all rich. I haven't talked to a single person that regrets the decision of pursuing an MBA at Wisconsin.

One year down, one to go. Go Badgers!

1 Comments:

At Thu May 27, 05:15:00 AM CDT, Blogger bilalmujtabakhan said...

Nice thing to know about your experience about the school and the blog at the same time.
I believe that life is simple way ,everyone decorate it according to the geniune experience he/she had all together.
I believe if you learn from the experience of others,its the best thing you do for the achievement in the life with fast pace.
God Luck to all of US.
thanks nice post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home