Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Holidays!

I am embarassed that I looked at the blog and my last post was December 1st. Time has flown by. Finals came and went and I am still alive. While the ICA took a year or two off of my life, we did a great job and I am glad that it is behind us. I took it to the house (Arlington, TX) for Christmas break, but am now back in the glorious Madison weather.

Didn't realize how much I missed warm weather until I wore shorts and a t-shirt on Christmas day. Naturally, there is snow on the ground here and more snow is expected...awesome. However, the weather here has not been undoable. Just put some layers on, get waterproof boots, and earmuffs and you can do it.

I am spending the time off catching up on TV. There is a whole bunch of E True Hollywood Stories that I have not seen, which is disappointing. So far I have enjoyed the Full House story the most, but have high hopes for the ones on Punky Brewster and Angelina Jolie. You can't begin to appreciate life until you see how screwed up some people get.

I did fly to San Diego to see the Poinsettia Bowl, pitting my beloved TCU Horned Frogs against perennial cindarella Boise State. Thankfully, we found some offense at the end of the second quarter and our defense gathered their legs and shut down a potent offense. It was amazing to run into friends from college in a place like San Diego. If it was Fort Worth or Dallas maybe, but not California. What I enjoyed most was seeing the "hot chicks" get fat. I don't care who you are, but that is still fun. Unfortunately, they were probably saying the same thing about me, but I choose to ignore it.

I thought about heading to Florida for the Wisconsin bowl game, but thankfully I did not because it was embarassing. Really thought that the Badgers had a shot, but Florida State ran all over them. Hopefully we find a QB and maybe some speed or next year will be just as bad.

We leave for Turkey in a couple of days so that is what I am thinking about right now. My mom is concerned with the unrest in the Gaza strip as she feels it could spill over into other countries. However, there has never been rest in Gaza so I don't see how what happened two days ago is any different, but I will keep my eyes peeled. I will post more about Turkey prior to and during the trip.

My plan over the next day or two is to catch up with some pictures of the end of the semester. Hope everybody had a merry Christmas and is looking forward to 2009.

Cheers!

1 Comments:

At Tue Dec 30, 01:37:00 PM CST, Blogger Brian K. Ward said...

First semester is done? Whew, that went by fast and furious. It's been alot of work, but still a blast!

Like Kyle said, we're off to Turkey for a few days and then back for second semester and tons of internship interviews. I was actually practicing today for the interviews.

Brian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home