Friday, January 30, 2009

Jon Jones videographer extradonaire!

So if this brand management thing doesn't work out, Jon has a job as a videographer. He has put together a great video on YouTube from our trip to Turkey.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgpHfKItF2E

I know that most of my blogs on the trip were company visit related so you didn't get my straight opinion on the trip. Here it is...I loved it! Never thought I would go to Turkey in my life and it probably wasn't on my top 20 list of places to visit before I die, but the trip was incredible. Turkey truly is a cradle of history from the early Christian settlements in the middle of the country to the city of Ephesus, which was one of the largest trade ports in the Greek empire. We saw the house where Mary ascended to heaven or died depending on your faith and place wishes on the wishing wall. We ate kebabs and we ate kebabs and we ate a whole fish and we ate kebabs.

We dorked it out and went to hypermarket. Only a group of brand management students would be excited to run around a supermarket for two hours. Al came away with numerous bottles of mustard and Laura bought out the Nestle candy section. I bought a loaf of bread.

I don't know where we are going next year (China/Japan is my choice), but count me in. This is why I am here. I don't do a trip like this if I am in still at my last job. I don't run around a foreign country with 24 of my friends for 10 days if I am still trying to find people work. I would approach my internship and future position in brand management different and probably worse off, if I didn't make this trip. Whatever the cost, it is merely a down payment.

Have a great weekend and enjoy Jon's video. Just think, a year from now you too can have your life put to the music of Celine Dion.

Tea Sugar and Dreams!

1 Comments:

At Fri Jan 30, 06:17:00 PM CST, Blogger Greg R. said...

So I'm pretty sure there were 25 of us on the trip, meaning one in the group is not your friend.

If it's me, that's cool, I can take it ;).

Good write up. When I was sitting on the balcony looking out at the Aegean Sea watching the sunset,I was thinking similar things about how much has changed in a year and how awesome it is to get these experiences.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home