Friday, January 09, 2009

Sorry....

I know that I said I would get something up about our first visit with Kimberly Clark, but when I say we have been busy, that would be the understatement of the century.

Quick thoughts on today and I will try to backfill later:

We are in the Cappadocia region of Turkey...haven't you heard of it. Would not say it is the garden spot of Turkey, but it is very significant historically. The weather is chilly and the buildings are not much warmer. We have been flying through cash at all of the stops we have made. I think Kari Caesar has about 18 pashminas and has managed to come away with something at every stop. Michael Kirtman is already decorating the new house he hasn't bought yet.

I do have to give props to the group for not buying any rugs, but they were tempting. This evening we attended the Turkish Medieval Times--called Turkish Nights. Only thing we didn't have was paper crowns and a raven. Four of our group members--Matt Odigie, Michelle Prager, Kari Caesar, and Jamel Tingman--were invited to learn to belly dance. All did an admirable job, but one person took the cake--Jamel. I would show pictures, but I am not sure they are school appropriate. I will say this, I don't think any of us knew how ripped Jamel really was.

Other observations about the evening:
  • Greg Rose completely surprised the group with his dancing ability.
  • Turkish Nights has only one pop song it is allowed to play. Ask Amy Maier for a playback.
  • The Turks really like their bread.
  • Our hotel--where the rooms are caves, seriously--is in the middle of nowhere. I am not sure this place is on the map.
Hopefully Sedat (our tour guide) gets some sleep tonight as I think he has a little too much fun at Turkish Nights. I will try to get to the important marketing related stuff as we gathered some fantastic insight and had incredible company visits. The inside jokes and random occurences are just too funny to not write down.

Cheers....very nice!

2 Comments:

At Sat Jan 10, 01:15:00 PM CST, Blogger Greg R. said...

Turkish Nights very well may go down as the highlight of the trip...we will see. Definitely memorable.

 
At Mon Jan 12, 11:30:00 AM CST, Blogger Amy the Green said...

This is the greatest blog.. OF... ALL... TIME

 

Post a Comment

<< Home